Easter baskets are traditionally all about the candy, but you can treat the basket recipient to a whole lot of fun by changing things up a bit.
Fill a large, colorful basket with any of the following, depending on the age and gender of your giftee:
- Small plush animals such as ducks, chicks, bunnies, etc.
- Art supplies: markers and colored pencils, drawing paper, coloring books
- Gift Cards (ideas include restaurants, Kroger, Nike and Chipotle)
- Age-appropriate books, cookbooks and magazines
- Stickers and decal tattoos
- Sparkling waters, natural sodas or juice boxes
- Favorite candies (you’ve gotta include candy!)
- Playing cards and card games such as Uno, Go Fish, etc.
- Snacks including single-serving bags of crackers, pretzels or chips
- Journals and high-quality pens
- Fandango Gift Cards or movie passes
- Stationery sets or note cards
- Bubbles, Frisbees, sidewalk chalk, jacks and other outdoor activities
- Jewelry or hair accessories
- Small houseplants or vibrant floral bouquets
- A baking recipe along with all shelf-stable ingredients needed in the recipe
- Easter-themed socks
- Small age-appropriate toys
If the Easter basket is going to a young girl, dress it up by stretching a costume tutu around the basket for a fairy tale-like effect. Young boys might like their Easter treats piled in the bed of a toy truck. Choice hats make a classy Easter basket for just about anyone. Another fun basket idea is to fill an upside-down umbrella with any of the above goodies…the “basket” is sure to come in handy when April showers start to fall.