Dipped Walnut Place Cards
These stacked walnut place cards make for an easy but updated table setting that works with both traditional and contemporary décor. Partially dipping the walnuts in white paint adds a modern, minimalist edge.
Things You'll Need:
- Plain gift tags, place cards or cardstock cut into 1½"x2½" rectangles
- Rubber stamp in shape of leaf
- In-the-shell walnuts
- Paint (we used white, but you can tailor to complement your tablescape)
- Small cup or bowl at least 1" deep
- Use a rubber stamp to imprint a leaf motif onto plain tags or cardstock, then handwrite or type guests’ names on each.
- Pour paint into a small cup or bowl (disposable makes for easy cleanup!) and dip each walnut halfway into the paint.
- Allow to dry.
- Stack several walnuts into little piles at each place setting and wedge each guest’s place cards into the pile for a modern, yet rustic flair.