Thoughtful Host Gift Ideas
No one wants to show up to a party empty-handed. Thank the hostess of any party with a one of these quick but thoughtful gift ideas.
- The Perfect Trio: Line a basket, gift box, or wine bucket with a few colorful dish towels, then add a bottle of wine, cheese and a package of crackers.
- Plant a Recipe: Attach a printed copy of your favorite recipe to a potted herb plant. She’ll thank you next time she’s whipping up a batch of spaghetti sauce, and herbs like basil, rosemary and oregano are on hand.
- Kitchen Embellishments: Arrange a few rolled dishtowels in a decorative bowl and finish it off with ribbon or a small tissue pom-poms .
- Instant Spa: Encourage her to de-stress after the party and put together a spa essentials kit including bubble bath, candles, a loofah and lotion.
- Sweet Treats: Does the hostess have a sweet tooth? Place marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers in a gift bag and include a clever note that says, “Everything is s’more fun with you!”
- Go Big on the Basics: Present a few kitchen essentials like spatulas, small cutting boards, tongs, sponges and oven mitts in a casserole dish that she can use for years to come.
- Fruit Basket Keepsake: Fill a colander with a variety of fresh, colorful fruit. She can place the entire thing in the sink for rinsing, and when she’s done eating the fruit, she’ll be left with a useful keepsake.
TIP: Select a hostess gift based on the party theme. For example, a housewarming party is an occasion to bring something the hostess will use and treasure for years to come — cheese knives, serving platters, place mats, etc.