1. Information Collected
We collect two types of information from visitors to the Sites and participants in promotional campaigns:
1. Personally Identifiable Information
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
1.1 Personally Identifiable Information
“Personally Identifiable Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. THE REWARD COMPANY, Inc. d/b/a TLC Marketing Worldwide may collect and store the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your Personally Identifiable Information:
3. We may collect your name, email address, mailing address and additional information contained in an online form on the Sites to us if you participate in a promotional campaign
4. We may collect your name, email address, mailing address and additional information contained in a printed form and posted to us if you participate in a promotional campaign
5. We may collect your name, email address, phone number and additional information if you contact us with a question related to our services or promotional campaigns
6. We may collect date of birth if you participate in a campaign where there are age restrictions on participation or a prize draw
The above list is not exhaustive but provides examples of the Personally Identifiable Information that may be collected. If you do not want THE REWARD COMPANY, Inc. d/b/a TLC Marketing Worldwide to collect your Personally Identifiable Information, please do not provide it to us. If you have already provided us with your personal data, please contact us via email on email@example.com and request a deletion of your record.
1.2 Non-Personally Identifiable Information
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, location, gender or interests. Non-Personally Identifiable Information does NOT identify you personally. Some examples of the Non-Personally Identifiable Information that is collected via our Sites are:
7. Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your IP address is the address used to locate your computer on the Internet
8. Internet Browser type (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
9. Statistics on page views
10. Pin code that provides access to participate in a promotional campaign
We collect the above Non-Personally Identifiable Information from all visitors to our Sites. If you do not want us to collect this data, please do not visit our sites and remove all cookies from your preferred web browser. Further details on removing Cookies is available on www.aboutcookies.org.
2 Use of Information
2.1 Personally Identifiable Information
We use your personally identifiable information that is collected primarily for the following:
12. To fulfill Experience requests from promotional campaigns that you are participating in.
13. To provide you with information on products or services you have requested
14. To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs
15. To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites
16. To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us or other inquiry
If you have opted in to receive notifications on future Rewards from THE REWARD COMPANY, Inc. d/b/a TLC Marketing Worldwide
2.2 Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information.
3 Sharing and Disclosure of Information
3.1 Personally Identifiable Information
We may share or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in the following instances:
17. To comply with the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of THE REWARD COMPANY, Inc. d/b/a TLC Marketing Worldwide or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
19. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
3.2 Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties, but we will always anonymize it to ensure that you cannot be identified either from the information itself or through combining it with other information that the transferee is likely to have or obtain.
4 International Transfer of Information
If you provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, THE REWARD COMPANY, Inc. d/b/a TLC Marketing Worldwide may transfer that information to other Group companies or affiliates or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from a country outside the UK, please note that you are transferring your Personally Identifiable Information to the UK. By providing your Personally Identifiable Information you consent to:
21. The transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information to the UK as indicated above
5 Retention of Data
If you provide information as part of a promotional campaign your personally identifiable information will normally be stored in database for the duration of the campaign.
Data and records will not be kept for longer than is necessary. This principle finds statutory form in the Data Protection Act 1998, which requires that personal data processed for any purpose "shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose". No data file or record should be retained for more than five years after it is closed unless a good reason for longer retention can be demonstrated.
We generally communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email. Although you may opt out of marketing messages, please note that it is in your interest to ensure that we are able to deliver certain non-marketing related messages and that we may be required to deliver certain notices to you by law.
We will provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Sites or if you do not want us to share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box provided at the points where Personally Identifiable Information is collected, or by contacting us using the contact details provided at http://www.trcomarketing.com.
7.1 What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer or mobile device by websites. They store preferences and other information to allow you to use the website efficiently and also provide information on how websites are used. Some cookies are essential for the website to function, others are optional.
With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. Further details on removing Cookies is available on www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that removing or blocking Cookies may interfere with your full use of our Sites.
7.2 Essential Cookies
We use session cookies to store information that are essential for the website to function. This includes cookies that store code validation and Experience information. These cookies expire when you terminate your browser session.
7.3 Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
7. 4 Which first party cookies does this site use?
Cookie: THE REWARD COMPANY, Inc. d/b/a TLC Marketing Worldwide Temporary .NET Sessions State
- Name: ASP.NET_SessionId
- Purpose: Used to maintain an anonymized user session by our web servers. When you leave the site, this cookie will be removed.
- Expiry: On close of current web session
Cookie: THE REWARD COMPANY, Inc. d/b/a TLC Marketing Worldwide Persistent Cookie
- Name: CC_analytics
- Purpose: Cookie Consent cookies which appear after you have clicked on the ‘allow cookies’ in the floating footer. More info http://silktide.com/cookieconsent
- Expiry: 1 year from creation
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use a THE REWARD COMPANY, Inc. d/b/a TLC Marketing Worldwide site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Cookie: Google Analytics
Purpose: Google stores the information collected by the cookies on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Unless you opt-out of the Google Cookie, by using this site you consent to the use of the Google Cookie and any information generated by Google Analytics.
• Expiry: 2 years
• Expiry: 30 minutes
• Expiry: On close of web session
• Expiry: 6 months
You can find an overview of privacy at Google here. For information on how to opt-out from all Google Analytics cookies (from all sites not just from THE REWARD COMPANY, Inc. d/b/a TLC Marketing Worldwide visit Google.
As a general rule, we do not use any Third party Cookies.
The above list is not exhaustive and comprises the standard set of Cookies used by THE REWARD COMPANY, Inc. d/b/a TLC Marketing Worldwide when building a site.
If you would like more information on the Cookies used by our site (and any other site) you can do so from within your web browser by following these steps: http://www.wikihow.com/View-Cookies
Data transmissions over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we take all reasonable steps to ensure security of our systems and protection of the data.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using these Sites or providing Personally Identifiable Information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of these Sites. We may post a notice on our Sites if a security breach occurs or we may send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
10 Contacting THE REWARD COMPANY, Inc. d/b/a TLC Marketing Worldwide
You have a right under the Data Protection Act 1998 upon written request and payment of a fee, to have a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
The Data Protection Officer
THE REWARD COMPANY, Inc. d/b/a TLC Marketing Worldwide
19 Harcourt Street