Vitacost Chelated Zinc - Albion® Zinc Glycinate Chelate
What is Chelated Zinc - Albion® Zinc Glycinate Chelate?
Chelated Zinc - Albion® Zinc Glycinate Chelate is a high quality chelated form of the essential mineral zinc.
Chelated minerals are minerals that have been chemically bound to another molecule (typically an amino acid) to form a complex. Chelation naturally occurs during digestion, after stomach acid and enzymes break down protein into amino acids. Amino acids bind to minerals, assisting their transport through the intestinal walls.
Unfortunately, the body is not efficient at producing chelated minerals. So, Albion developed an exclusive technology that mimics the body’s natural chelation process, producing readily absorbable organic chelated minerals in supplement form. Glycine, an easily identified and efficiently absorbed amino acid, is the chelator (binding agent) most commonly used in Albion formulations.
Albion chelated minerals are:
- Produced in laboratories under carefully controlled conditions, utilizing an advanced, patented chelation process
- Nutritionally functional with an ultimate glycine-to-mineral molar ratio
- Clinically researched and chemically validated with TRAACS (The Real Amino Acid Chelate System)
- Guaranteed pure and stable
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Chelated Zinc - Albion® Zinc Glycinate Chelate?
- Zinc is a trace mineral essential for proper growth, development and reproduction, as well as numerous body processes, from eye health to immune function to regulation of appetite, taste and smell.*
- It’s required for the proper function of approximately 300 enzymes.
- Zinc is an antioxidant, meaning it helps protect healthy cells from the potentially damaging effects of free radicals.*
- It’s necessary for the formation of superoxide dismutase (SOD), which is an important free radical scavenger in the body.*
- Supports hea