Vitacost Shirataki Rice - Non-GMO and Gluten Free
- Vegan, plant-based noodles
- 5 calories, ZERO guilt!
- Free of gluten and soy
- Use in all your favorite pasta dishes
- Packaged in a BPA-free bag
When it comes to comfort foods, it’s hard to beat white rice. It’s fluffy, it’s filling and it soaks up the flavor of all your favorite sauces and spices, making it the perfect complement for stir-fry vegetables, beans, meat and so much more. For those who are counting carbs or calories, however, this grain can be quite a pain.
Enter Vitacost® Shirataki Rice – a versatile alternative to traditional rice that’s made from the root of the Konnyaku Imo plant. Pair it with your favorite soup, stew or meat dish – this miracle product can even be used to make a lower-calorie rice pudding! (It’s so low-cal it’s practically no-cal!)
How to enjoy
Don’t be thrown off by the unique aroma when you open the package! Follow these instructions for perfect rice:
- Pour rice into a strainer and rinse under cold water for at least 30-60 seconds.
- Add to a saucepan, cover with water and boil uncovered for 1 minute.
- Drain and pat dry or place in a skillet over low heat until dry.
- Add to your favorite dish and enjoy!
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)