Vitacost Vitamin D3 1000IU Capsules
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in very few food sources. Its functions in the body are wide ranging, from contributing to bone health to supporting immune function.
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the same form of vitamin D that the body manufactures when skin is exposed to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. Vitamin D3 may be more than three times as effective in raising concentrations of vitamin D in the bloodstream and maintaining those levels for a longer time.*
- Contributes to bone strength as proper levels create optimum conditions for bone formation.*
- Supports proper functioning of the immune and nervous systems.*
- Promotes the intestinal absorption of calcium.*
- Supports fetal skeletal development and tooth enamel formation.*
- Contributes to healthy levels of phosphorus in the body.*
- Is the preferred form of vitamin D, identical to the type manufactured by the body when skin is exposed to UV sunlight.
- An ideal way to obtain vitamin D, as few foods contain vitamin D in sufficient quantity to meet Daily Value levels.
- Provides 1,000 IU of vitamin D3 per 1-capsule serving.
- Each bottle contains 200 servings.
- Incredible value!