Apple Blondies with Brown Butter Icing
Soft, chewy and full of seasonal flavor, these blondies get their exceptional taste from fresh baked apples and an easy icing.
Serves: 20Prep: 1 hour 15 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hour 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups plus 2 Tbsp. butter, softened and divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 9”x13” baking pan with aluminum foil or nonstick cooking spray.
- In small skillet over medium heat, add apples, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons butter. Stir and cook until apples soften.
- In large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until completely incorporated. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Slowly stir in flour, baking powder, salt and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Fold in apples. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- In small skillet over medium heat, add ¼ cup butter. Continuously stir until butter is browned and smells slightly nutty. Pour into bowl; whisk in powdered sugar, milk and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Drizzle over cooled blondies.