Cardamom Plum Glazed Ham
This moist, delicious ham has the sweetness of plum and the warmth of cardamom.
Serves: 10Prep: 15 minutesCook: 2 hours 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup plum preserves
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 smoked cooked ham (4 lb.)
- In a saucepan, stir together the plum preserves, orange juice, honey, ginger and cardamom over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue stirring 5 minutes or until preserves are melted. Pour half of plum mixture into a microwave-safe bowl and set aside.
- Score the exterior in a cross-hatch pattern with a sharp knife and brush ham with the plum mixture.
- Loosely cover ham with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 2½ hours or until the meat registers 145°F, basting with remaining plum preserve mixture every 30 minutes. Let ham rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Microwave plum preserve mixture in bowl for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve ham with warm plum mixture.
- Refrigerate leftovers.