Champagne Cream Mini Trifles
Using premade angel food cake and instant pudding keeps this treat quick and easy.
Serves: 8Prep: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (3.5 oz.) Kroger® Vanilla Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 3 tablespoons sweet champagne or sparkling wine
- Pink food coloring
- 2 cups angel food cake, cut into cubes
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 4 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Using cold milk, prepare pudding according to package directions. Reserve 1¼ cups prepared pudding for trifles. Refrigerate remaining pudding for later use.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream, champagne and small amount of food coloring on high speed 1-2 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- In 8 mini, wide-mouthed Mason jars, spoon about 1 teaspoon pudding to cover bottom. Top with 2 tablespoons cake cubes, 1 tablespoon pudding, ½-1 teaspoon chopped white chocolate and 2 tablespoons whipped cream. Repeat layers. Top each with remaining white chocolate and garnish with strawberries, chocolate syrup and mint.