This delicious side dish is comforting, warm and cheesy – in other words, all the good stuff.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed
- 6-inch chopped green onions
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; simmer, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, the corn and the green onion. Cool 5 minutes.
- Place eggs in a large bowl. Slowly whisk the corn mixture into the eggs. Transfer the mixture to an 11”x7” baking dish or 8 individual ramekins lightly coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for at 400°F for 16 minutes or until center is just set and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.