Floral Crown Bunny Cake
Turn your favorite chocolate cake into a tasty centerpiece with this buttercream, a floral bouquet and some bunny ears.
Serves: 12Prep: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 paper stem or grapevine wires
- 2 Bakery Fresh Goodness chocolate cakes, 8” round
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 floral bouquet
- Form paper stems into the shape of bunny ears.
- In a bowl or a stand mixer, beat butter on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add the vanilla and whipping cream and continue mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Place cake layer, rounded side down, on a serving plate. Spread ⅓-½ cup frosting over the cake layer evenly. Place the second layer on top of the first cake, rounded side up. Gently smear about 2-3 tablespoons of frosting over entire cake, sealing in the crumbs. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Frost side of cake and then spread remaining frosting on the top.
- Insert bunny ears into frosted cake and add flowers.
- Refrigerate leftovers.