Green Beans with Peppers and Onions
Ready in under 20 minutes, this gluten-free, keto-friendly and plant-based recipe from Chef Paul Sturkey calls for fresh green beans to be sautéed with peppers, onions and garlic to create the perfect weeknight side to fit any specialty diet.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 9 minutesTotal: 19 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 8 ounces tri-colored bell peppers, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup yellow onion, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In large pot, bring 1-gallon water and 1 tablespoon salt to boil.
- When water is rapidly boiling, add green beans. Cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare bowl of ice water. Drain beans then plunge into ice water to lock in color and nutrients.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat oil. Cook onions and peppers until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Toss in garlic and green beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.