Jerk Spiced Fried Turkey Breast
Warm Caribbean spices boost the flavor of this juicy turkey breast and frying creates crispy, golden brown skin.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 5 pounds turkey breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kroger® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Dry Thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kroger® Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Kroger® Ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 gallons Kroger® Pure Canola Oil
- Determine how much oil to use by putting turkey in a pot with enough water to cover turkey by 3”. The pot should be large enough that the water and turkey fill no more than half the pot. Remove turkey and make note of the water level. Thoroughly dry pot.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients except the oil. Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Use your fingers to loosen the skin. Rub the spice mixture under the skin. Let stand at room temperature while you heat the oil.
- Add oil to the predetermined level. Clip on a deep fry thermometer. Heat to 375°F.
- Gently lower turkey into oil (tongs and heat resistant gloves make this easier). Reduce heat slightly. Oil temperature will drop. Adjust heat to keep oil temperature at about 325°F and fry about 30-40 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 160°F when inserted into the thickest part of the breast. Remove breast to a paper towel lined platter and let rest 5 minutes before carving. Serve, refrigerating any leftovers.