Murray’s BLT with Blue Cheese Dressing
Even when a sandwich is named for its ingredients, there’s still room for improvement. The classic BLT – towering with bacon, lettuce and tomato – just got better thanks to a simple blue cheese dressing.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 loaf sturdy bread, sliced into 1” slices
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced into ½” slices
- 1 head butter lettuce, stem cut off
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 12 ounces bacon
- 5 ounces gorgonzola blue cheese crumbles
- 4 ounces Vermont Creamery Crème Fraiche
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line sheet tray with aluminum foil.
- On prepared tray, arrange sliced bacon; bake until desired crispiness is reached, at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine blue cheese with 2 tablespoons water; whisk until cheese has loosened up. Whisk in lemon juice, crème fraiche, salt and pepper.
- Break lettuce into individual leaves.
- Heat large grill pan until it begins to smoke. Drizzle bread with olive oil; grill quickly on each side.
- Over 4 slices of bread, stack lettuce, tomatoes and cooked bacon. Top each with dressing and second slice of grilled bread.