Parmesan Kale Artichoke Dip
This modern approach to classic spinach dip includes garlic-sautéed kale folded into a creamy Parmesan sauce with marinated artichokes.
Serves: 8Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 quarts kale, cleaned, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cups canned artichokes, strained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Diet Coke
- In pan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour to make roux. Cook until sandy texture appears.
- Whisk in whole milk. Continue cooking to thicken.
- Stir in mascarpone, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- In separate pan, heat oil. Sauté shallots and garlic until translucent. Add kale; season with salt and pepper. Continue sautéing until tender.
- Using a kitchen towel, squeeze excess liquid from kale. Fold artichoke-kale mixture into white sauce. Transfer to oven-safe dish.
- Top with Parmesan; broil until caramelized. Serve with an ice-cold Diet Coke.