Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Sandwiches
Your party guests will swoon over these peanut butter and chocolate ice cream sandwiches. Using from-scratch peanut butter cookies ensures a rich and buttery flavor and the peanut butter-swirled ice cream sweetens the deal.
Serves: 12Prep: 40 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄3 cups Kroger® All-Purpose Flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 clove granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup fudge ice cream topping
- 1 1⁄2 quarts Kroger® Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup candy-coated peanut butter pieces, chopped
- 3 cups chocolate chips, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- To make cookies, in a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar 3-5 minutes until fluffy. Beat in ½ cup peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Drop dough onto baking sheets to make 24 cookies. Bake 18 minutes until browned and set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread bottoms of each cooled cookie with 1 teaspoon fudge topping. In a large bowl, stir together ice cream and ¾ cup peanut butter. Spoon about ½ cup ice cream mixture onto each of 12 cookies; top with remaining cookies, fudge-side down. Freeze 30 minutes until firm.
- Place chopped candies on plate; roll edges of ice cream sandwiches in candies to coat. Dip portion of each into melted chocolate. Freeze 15 minutes until chocolate is set. Wrap each individually in plastic wrap; freeze 1 hour.