Underneath the sprinkle-topped frosting, this frozen cake offers layers fruity ice cream, sherbet and sorbet to create a delicious and colorful masterpiece.
Serves: 12Prep: 3 hours 30 minutesTotal: 3 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 pints strawberry ice cream
- 2 pints mango sherbet
- 2 pints lemon sorbet
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sit ice cream, sherbet and sorbet on countertop 10–15 minutes, until soft. Meanwhile, line springform pan with plastic wrap.
- In base of pan, use spatula to evenly spread strawberry ice cream. Evenly spread mango sherbet then lemon sorbet. Cover pan with plastic wrap; freeze 3 hours.
- To make icing, use stand mixer or electric hand mixer to whip together heavy whipping cream, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Remove dessert from freezer. Using hot water, dampen a towel; wrap it around the springform pan for 30 seconds. Remove towel and outer rim of pan. Transfer dessert to cake plate. Peel plastic wrap from top, cut plastic wrap from around sides of cake.
- Working quickly, smooth icing on top and sides of cake until completely covered. Decorate generously with sprinkles. Return to freezer.
- To serve, warm a sharp knife under hot water, then slice cake into wedges. Peel plastic wrap from bottom as you portion cake. Freeze leftovers.