Roasted Turkey Thighs with Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing
Juicy turkey thighs take on a smoky flavor from roasting on top of chorizo sausage cornbread stuffing.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 2 hoursTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can (4 oz.) Kroger® Diced Green Chiles, drained
- 3 cups dry cornbread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup Kroger® Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 3 pounds turkey thighs
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 325°F. In a large skillet, cook crumbled sausage and onion together, stirring occasionally, until sausage begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Drain fat. Add celery and garlic and cook a few minutes longer until celery has softened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chiles, cornbread stuffing, chicken stock and cilantro into the sausage mixture. Spoon into an 8” or 9” square baking dish. Arrange turkey thighs on top of stuffing, skin side up.
- Rub skin with olive oil. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the turkey skin.
- Roast 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 175°F. Slice turkey and serve with stuffing. Refrigerate any leftovers.