Turkey Tail Cheese Board
This turkey inspired cheese board will be the star of your appetizer spread!
Serves: 12Prep: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (8 oz.) Private Selection™ Provolone Singles
- 1 package (6 oz.) Kroger® Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 1 package (6 oz.) Kroger® Pepper Jack Cheese Slices
- 1 package (8 oz.) Kroger® Sliced Dry Salami
- 1 package (8 oz.) round crackers
- 1 green pear
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 pretzel stick
- Stack each variety of cheese slices separately and cut each stack into quarters.
- On a 14”or larger platter or cutting board, start arranging pieces of provolone in an arc around the top three quarters of the platter. Continue with the cheddar, about a ½” below the provolone, overlapping rows.
- Continue with the remaining cheese slices and salami until you fill the platter, stacking cheese and salami as needed. Tuck round crackers under the first row of provolone, overlapping. Place any remaining crackers in a serving basket.
- Stem and cut pear in half, top to bottom. Reserve one half for another use. Place pear half on the bottom center of the platter with the larger end on the bottom to resemble the turkey head and body. Insert cloves in the small end to resemble eyes. Cut a small triangle of cheddar and place on pear for beak.
- Use kitchen shears to trim a small piece of salami to resemble a wattle. Place beak and wattle on pear. Break pretzel stick in half. Tuck the halves under the pear to resemble legs.