Vegetarian Eggs Benny
This classic breakfast is easy to make and just as delicious as you’d find at a restaurant.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 English muffins, toasted and buttered
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 package (12.9 oz.) Simple Truth™ Plant Based Meatless Chorizo Sausage
- 1⁄4 cup microgreens
- For the Hollandaise sauce, place the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted. Whisk together eggs, lemon juice and salt in a heatproof bowl that fits over a small saucepan with simmering water. Whisk mixture until slightly warm. Slowly pour butter in a steady stream while whisking continuously. Continue cooking and whisking for about 3 minutes, or until desired consistency. The sauce will continue to thicken once you remove from the heat. Add hot water if needed to thin the sauce.
- Cook sausage according to package directions.
- To poach the eggs, bring a large saucepan with 3”-4” water and vinegar to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Crack an egg into a small bowl. Using a large spoon, stir the simmering water to create a gentle whirlpool in the center of the pot. Gently tip 1 egg at a time into the center of the whirlpool. When the white of the egg spreads, push it back towards the yolk with spoon. Cook egg for 3-5 minutes, or until desired doneness. The egg whites should be firm, but the yolk should remain soft. Remove egg with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Top the English muffin with the cooked sausage and poached egg. Pour Hollandaise sauce over and top with microgreens.
- Refrigerate leftovers